Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yet again

I think a lot about the world around us, my friends would probably get sick of hearing me rant on about atoms and special relativity even though they would never tell me, they would just nod and try and amuse my weird geeky brain. The truth of the matter is I rant on so much because it is what I love to talk about, 'The great Insolubles' as I like to call them, I have a couple to blow your mind and then I will try and piece your mind back together but a nice summary. Okay here goes:

1. The entire population of the earth is the size of a sugar cube...
Pretty crazy to think about but to the extent of my knowledge it is true, and it all has to do with the make up of an atom. Put quite simply, atoms make up EVERYTHING, if you half an orange and half it again and keep on halving you will get and atom. Atoms are made of a nucleus in the centre and electrons spinning round it, In between the nucleus and electrons there is just empty space but quite a lot of it, to put it into perspective if an atom is the size of a football field the nucleus is an apple in the middle and the rest of the field is empty space until you get the the electrons at the stands;). Now back to the sugar cube, if we were able to take out all that empty space so the nucleus and electrons were touching it would make atoms a great deal smaller, so small in fact that the entire human race would be about the size of a sugar cube. Make sense? If not I'm sorry you must be an air head...(Get it, atoms, empty space, in your head, ah I crack myself up).

2. .........................................................
Actually I think ill keep it at one and save some more for next time, let me know what you think if you liked what wrote about leave me a comment if you fell asleep half way through from boredom and hit you head and left a bruise leave me a comment or if you didn't understand what the heck I was writing about because my explaining skills arn't the best leave me a comment.

Anyway hope to hear from you.
L. A. Fairburn

4 comments:

  1. cool....
    i actually don't really understand all this kind of stuff. But you explained it quite well...and i probably would have read a couple more.

    ...and i like sweet things so im pretty happy with being part of a sugar cube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one man... in fact I don't know which is cooled- the fact you gave us or that you now sign your name L.A.!!!

    Is that fact true? If so I'll have sugar with my coffee please... thats a lot of empty space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate just you know, I don't get sick of your atomic talks at all! There's nothing better then to listen to something someone is deeply passionate about.
    And Besides it interests me too!
    You should really become a physicist. Or something of that nature.
    Peace brother of another mother who's heading to Europe in a little over a week. woo!

    ReplyDelete