Tuesday, March 10, 2009

loosing the will to articulate

Wow what a weekend, there are so many thoughts running through my head but I'll try to capture the main points for you guys ;-) 

This weekend My escapade a local band was shooting a video clip for their recently released EP. They asked me if I would like to help out, you know, cart gear, bring them stuff, whatever they needed really and I said "Sure, why not."

Any way the first day started at 4am on top of a huge rock that we had to cart music gear, camera, lighting and sound gear up (pretty grueling) but it was well worth it for the shots they wanted. I should point out at this point we had three guys coming from the mainland to shoot the clip. Anyway back to the story. They were planning to shoot the clip over the three day long weekend but amazingly they got it done in the first day and scheduled in three more 'not so epic but still pretty cool' music videos for the guys and I tagged along to help out.

So it got to sunday morning and I have no other way to explain this but Gods perfect plan, everything fell into place so well and everything was so smooth that God had to be involved. It was good I was there, I was the self appointed Key Grip (which I still don't fully understand but is like the lead roady to put it lamely) cause I had everything the guys needed, cables, lights, laptop, it seemed that if they needed something I had it, which kind of put me in the film crews good books. It was a long day but we got the clip finished for that day.

Monday was the last day were we were going to shoot two clips so even tho we were tired we had to push it. Everything fell into place (seems to becoming a regular occurrence) and the clips were shot to the film crews satisfaction. My name for that day was 'reflector' because I held a big reflector to shine the sun right into Jason's face and when it wasn't filming I used to to shield him from the sun so he would get sun blunt. Go figure. Anyway it came to the end of the day and we said our goodbyes and some behind the scenes stuff and by this stage we had all become pretty good mates even though I was only there as a gofer, at the end of the day I was talking to them telling them what I wanted to do in the future and about going to the mainland  to do animation and but some freak chance they had friends in animation on the mainland and they were telling me tips and trick to give me a hand when I go and then they said they would give me an official credit in the clip which they said would help me some more if I added it to my portfolio so in the end I ended up coming out of the weekend with a lot more than I thought I would, My Escapade got four music videos instead of one and the film crew got some really good pieces for their end of year project at uni.

The weekend was defiantly apart of Gods plan for everyone. He had his hand on us the whole time and blessed everyone so much. Hopefully I can upload some photos at some stage for you guys. I guess the moral of this story is this, Even if you think You have abandoned God or just chosen the wrong path, he can use what ever situation you are in. 

Peace out homies.

3 comments: