Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another paling in the fence

I haven't blogged in a while, mainly because I have been too busy organizing things in my church, but I have been wanting to write one for a while.

The other week I watched an amazing film by rob bell called 'everything is spiritual' and I recommend that if you haven't seen it, go out straight after reading this blog and buy it, It is quite a brilliant masterpiece. I guess the film really sparked my 'road to recovery' if I may call it that. For the past few months I have been doubting God and considering that if there is a God out there he isn't making himself all that know. Being brought up in a christian home, the message has always been there so I think deep down I always knew that he was there. I just needed some evidence to support my argument so I went searching to find some evidence that God exists. My results were frivolous however.

After watching the rob bell video I discovered that I cant prove God's existence (at this stage), that sunday at church I decided that I would stop searching for God as an outsider and I would start searching as a insider. I guess that means I would stop trying to prove His existence while not believing he is out there, I should rather dedicated my life to him and while studying and meditating on him I will learn what I need by what he reveals to me.

Thats the conclusion I came to anyway, but this is not the end of the journey, it is in fact the start. The start of what I hope to be a fulfilling and awe inspiring journey with God.


1 comment:

  1. looking forward to more of the journey... i haven't seen that dvd but i have been meaning to... i have read his three books...

    i am very keen to hear more about your spiritual journey soon... hopefully face to face...

    bless ya man,

    nick

    ReplyDelete