Thursday, February 26, 2009

God; deal or no deal

This is an extremely big topic and I will not know the answers so if you wish to grace my site with your comments then please feel free.

GOD

Is he/she/it real? This blog is only my personal opinion and a mix of what I've read and thought about but at this stage I'm not one hundred percent sure. 

You see people all over the world who have sacrificed their life to the christian cause, so sure of what they believe in that they are willing to lay down their lives instead of denying God's existence. Well... that's a big thing to do...

I want to find out, I want to be so sure of my faith that if someone came knocking on my door and told me to deny Jesus or die I would not even consider deny the christian faith.

The way I see it is like this, You can either believe in God or you can believe in evolution. Period. Some people believe in both like my dad but he believes that God is controlling the universe and it is not all by chance so I guess that would put him on the God side of the fence. There is a lot of good evidence for both cases which makes it more confusing for normal people like me so I really can't choose. My heart is telling me God because I have been brought up my whole life to think that and I tend to think that for everything to be here but chance would make the earth very lucky. I mean its in the ideal spot in the universe to support human life and a whole bunch of other stuff, really quite a big coincidence if that is the case, seriously it should go buy a lottery ticket or something. Then I think to myself... there is something out there that made all I can see and can't see, he lives everywhere but I can't see him, and this 'God' wrote a book for us. Out of all the things to use he uses a book to talk to us. Seems very far fetched.

There are my thoughts on the matter, there are many more but a lot of them are hard to get down so I leave you with this one simple thought... Why am I here?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Luke, I struggled with the idea that God used a book to talk to us.. and I figured if God is meant to be my father.. why would he write a book for me to get to know Him? My dad didn't see me as a baby and think 'hmm I will write a book for my daughter so she knows all about me..' He raised me and taught me over the years of our relationship.. and continues to. I believe the book is not God's way of talking to us.. although He certainly can use it.. but we find out by reading the book that He talks to us in many different ways.. and from my experience.. by not even reading the book, I knew that God was connecting with me, through dreams, moments, music and people..

    The evolution thing is a tricky one.. perhaps it is true and that is why there are no other signs of life.. because earth is the only place that was in the right conditions for life.. or perhaps we were created.. and the whole evolution thing is mans way of justifying the unbelievable. I actually dont have an informed opinion about creation/evolution.. but stoked to read your blog and see that I'm not the only one!
    :-) Keep them coming champ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking at work today that sometimes when I pray it seems like God prefers honesty to belief and when I read blogs like yours I understand why. I prefer honesty too, I think. Thank you for being such an honset blogger, its refreshing to read.

    I respect the beliefs of an atheist who has truly in his heart wrestled with his doubts before coming to his conclusion (even if its a wrong one) over a Christian who has never really engaged with questions that are there. I personally believe that without the doubts that we wrestle with how can there be faith, faith can only exist when there is potential to doubt.

    God loves truth and honesty and that means he loves reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete