Friday, February 13, 2009

My crystal ball is cloudy

As the saying goes; "The past is history, the future is a mystery and today is a gift, That is why it is called the present." To be frank... that is the worst thing ever. Why does the future have to be a mystery, it makes life so confusing for everyone.

I am planning to move to the mainland to study at uni next year but there are so many things that I have to think about. Is it the best opportunity for me? does God want me to do something else? What if I get stuck up there with nothing in my pockets but lint and half a piece of chewing gum?? If I think about it too much my head hurts. I guess people tell me to trust in God and every thing will work out but that's pretty hard to do. My question to you is this; What should I do, follow my heart and do what I feel best or trust that things will fall in place with God?

3 comments:

  1. oh man! you have no idea how much i totally understand where you're coming from. my decisioins about next year are driving me mental as well...even about this year. why cant it all be so much simpler?
    so i hear you loud and clear...
    i wish i knew the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man in my experience you don't have to choose. Follow your heart. God will make it clear if it is not the way to go. I believe God spoke to me through my heart. Its the whole predestination argument all over but I would say your heart has been shaped by God so it is one in the same thing. I remember this feeling quite well tho. very frustrating.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what an honest blog you have here, keep that up... on the thoughts you share my brother I think what you are experiencing is a frustration shared by everyone, at least anyone honest with themselves.

    I think for Christians sometimes the decision process about the road ahead can be even harder, because we believe that our lives as humans are important.

    I agree with what Jake has just written above and would add that if God does want you to do something else it is His responsibility to let you know, I say this because it seems like you have given it thought/prayer so I say follow your heart... if you get up there and only have lint and chewing gum then it doesn't mean you are out of Gods plans either, it just means He wants you to chew on it for a while.

    I say go for it because you have nothing to lose and at the least a whole world of experiences to gain.

    ReplyDelete